CTC 203 again.

Thanks for thr input, but I checked all that. Did the L14104 coil, unit runs perfect, just shut off,& on so quick, when you turn your head, it's back on. replaced the Gemstar module with two ribbons, as micro is in there, & could be getting corrupt. Anything I missed? Unit hasn't been worked on before. Did the arcing IHVT damage something, & make it weak? Sky.

Flyback was arcing badly, replaced, works, & looks perfect, but momentarily shuts off, & right back on, even before you can look back at the set. may work for hours, or happen twice in a half hour. Unplugged the customer controls on top of the set, to make sure the "tact" switches aren't "leaky". Anything common here? Nothing on the Thomson B2B website. Sky.

Reply to
Skype_man

Sounds like it is time to hook up a 4 channel DSO to key points in the set in order to find the problem.

It is the Thomson intermittents like this that pretty much require any servicer invest in a 4 channel 100MHz DSO if they want to actually diagnose the problem and fix it. So many times I found problem with surface mount capacitors and conductive glue in this manner.

Reply to
dkuhajda

Does this TV have PIP feature? Pull the A/V module and resolder 2 SMD resistors one small and big for trimming voltage for 3.3V on LM317 regulator on small heatsink. This will do the 3 strike and out thing if PIP/AV switch IC lose 3.3V.

Cheers, Wizard

Reply to
Jason D.

Also look for glue around the 2 crystals near the LA7612 IC. Causes bad connections on the crystals. Nobody else seems to ever see this. I see it often.

Reply to
RonKZ650