Newer RCA sets...trouble units.

F36650YX01 ATC113CA1, dead, replace 2SC5148 horizontal output, & flyback with 257805 (generic), unit runs fine for 5 minutes, then blows output again. Can't find anything else wrong. Same story with F32650YX01 ATC113CA1, but two 257805 generic flybacks measure statically different, like their the wrong flyback, & the horizontal output measures shorted in circuit, unless you remove the flyback. I didn't use this flyback, as I was sure it will blow the set. Put in another 257805...looks different (has a different G 2, & focus pot), set works fine, five minutes later it blows the output. F32649YX51 CTC

203CA9 2SC5148 hoizontal output shorted, 244247 flyback bad, put two brand new generic ones with bad G 2 pots, set will shut down, & right back on eratically, put in an original, now unit is perfect. I'm seeing two. or three out of five, or six generic flybacks bad. I'm only one small shop, in one small town. How much are you guys seeing? What are you guys doing to get these sets working right? Getting a lot of bad, & questionable parts, especially flybacks, can't trust generic, but customers will not pay a fair price for original. Thanks for any input, Dani.
Reply to
Dani

Actually, the HR replacements for the 257805 work better than the originals. Much more consistent and reliable. Contact Electronica or Tritronics. Both have them.

Leonard

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 3619 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try SPAMfighter for free now!

Reply to
Leonard Caillouet

Dani wrote: Getting a lot of bad, & questionable parts, especially

Way back a certain flyback maker in the southern USA did not have air conditioning in their factory. Any flybacks made during the humid season tended to conk out early. They eventually learned their lesson. Maybe your source of cheapies has a similar problem? Maybe only buy flybacks with fall and winter date codes?

Reply to
Ancient_Hacker