RCA 13" TV TX826TC Chassis won't power up

Greetings. I have an old RCA 13" TV, model E13323SE (using the TX826TX chassis). It's finally gotten to the point where it refuses to power on. I hear a high pitched whine (Cathode starting to charge up?), then it cuts out and tries again. After pulling the case off, I can see light burn marks on the main PCB around TP14 and TP15 (which I'm finding to be a common problem in my searches). I would like to replace them so I can use this TV again, unfortunately, my knowledge of transistor specs is very limited. Could anyone point me to a good source for these components with part numbers? The local electronics supply store wasn't of much help. Any other suggestions are more than welcome as well. Thanks.

--
pcgod
Reply to

pcgod: Your research results are correct. Replace TP-15, RCA P/N 185197, replacement transistor 2SC3207. It is available from any RCA distributor such as Tritronics (phone 1-800-638-3328)... you can easily find the website with a quick google search. Note that the replacement transistor has a different pinout than the original so be careful when installing it... follow the instructions in the RCA package. Usually the replacement of TP-15 will solve your power on problem but if not, there may be other faulty components such as TP-14, etc. electricitym

Reply to
electricitym

pcgod: As a side note.... before you "blindly" order and replace TP-15 you should really do some preliminary troubleshooting and component testing to determine exactly which parts are faulty.... the power on problem you are describing can easily turn into failures beyond TP-15, so some technical troubleshooting is required to determine exactly what may be faulty. If you are not certain how to proceed you should go to the website for this newsgroup at

there, with some searching, you will find a wealth of troubleshooting tips, component testing methods, repair proceedures, and IMPORTANT safety information that will help you to stay away from dangerous and lethal electrical shock hazards... note that these hazards may still be present even when the television is disconnected from the AC power... be very careful. If after the repairfaq, you are still uncertain as to how to proceed you might have a technically oriented friend do this job for you or find a small owner-operated shop that will still repair small televisions at a reasonable price.... my shop still does. At the very least get a repair cost estimate so you can make an intelligent repair decision with diagnostic facts instead of internet guesses. electricitym

Reply to
electricitym

TP 15 is almost always at fault, change it if it hasn't been changed. Check TP 14 & the ones used to control the power supply, like TP 12 etc. Solder the tuner grounds, & all tuner connections on the bottom of the main board. Great T.V., will outlast most new units easily. Sky.

Reply to
Skype_man

Thanks for the replies. I'll definately read that FAQ before touching anything. The only electronics I worry about working on are CRT's due to the high voltage components. Already got tagged off one of the smaller caps before I decided to make sure the larger ones were discharged. I'll give TP15 a try.

--
pcgod
Reply to

Check voltage on pin 48 of the microprocessor IC which is the 5v supply. If it reads

Reply to
RonKZ650