Rant: F**k the Salvation Army

psssssst, shhhhh Al Gore might hear you and make another movie.....

and

good

Reply to
Grip

You must be a cold, heartless Republican. OF course you mean POLITICIAN......forget the affiliation

Reply to
Grip

LOL! :-)) And by that method, what does that make YOU?

Reply to
Richard Crowley

I've found brand new kitchen doodads for 10% of retail. Can't go wrong there. But most electronics I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole unless I am sure I can fix it.

I got a complete stereo system for free from Freecycle last week. I wouldn't have bothered but it's a nice Kenwood system with a unique vertical robotic record player. It'll be a neat decorator item. Needs repair but that shouldn't be hard.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

I don't agree with their religious views (I remember them handing out balloons to children which said "THE WAGES OF SIN IS DEATH" !!!) but they do go down into places few others will and deal with the wretched of society.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Oh!!! That's terrible!!! lol!

BH

Reply to
Brian Hill

Reply to
Jeff

Yes. The local papers gave them a lot of stick over that one.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Yeah, but donating is not part of what you do at all. You're all about getting something for nothing, or for very little. You find good stuff that's grossly underpriced due to the store's ignorance and aren't running back to give them the money they should have charged. So quit whining, you sorry little bitch, it's just the kharma wheel giving you a small taste of what you deserve and shall receive some day.

Reply to
JerrySmith'sTightEnd

No you should have asked before buying if they'd take it back if it didn't work.. If not you could have passed on buying it or talked them down on the price to make the chance it didn't work not hurt you so much.

It didn't look trashed to you when you bought it right? How are they supposed to know it was trashed if they couldn't power it up? If it had worked you would have got a great deal right? Would you have went back and gave them more money for it cause it worked so well?

If you're digging around there I'm sure you have got a few good deals on stuff and made money off them. This time you took a chance and lost. That store credit is a good enough reason to go in there every couple of weeks and see what you can find to make your money back.

Jeff

Jeff

Reply to
Smak!

yeah...

why is abbreviation such a long word? ;-)-~

Reply to
Navin R. Johnson

You are correct sir.

Reply to
Navin R. Johnson

In Unix, 'terse' is written as 'trs'.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

I once saw a free VCR on a local mailing list. Since I knew the person, I called and got it from them. I took it apart, removed the dried coca-cola, cleaned the heads and replaced the main drive belt.

I did not fix the dim flourescent display, as I really don't care too much about it.

Since I knew the person I sent her an email thanking her for it, without going into the amount of work needed to get it going agin.

The next time she advertised a piece in similar condition, she wanted $25 for it.

It's all a matter of perception.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson, Jerusalem, Israel gsm@mendelson.com  N3OWJ/4X1GM
IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667  Fax ONLY: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838

But there is always those Undead persons. Don't forget them.

Reply to
VampiressX

and those sinister garden gnomes.

Reply to
Grinner

Everyone gets out alive.

--
Stephen
Lennox Head, Australia

Buy something that is returnable for refund wwith the store credit and wait a week or two and get your money back...

Reply to
J.P.

I got an awesome sharkskin suit @ Sal's for $17. I wore it onstage with Cyndi Lauper & got many compliments on how good it looked under the lights. I go there all the time but I wouldn't buy any modern electronics from them. Their return policy is posted all sales final, all items sold 'as is', no returns ever. Caveat Emptor seems appropriate here...

-- jepp if it sounds good...IT IS GOOD!

Reply to
crow

Funny you should mention that I just read Poe's "a premature burial". brrrr scary.

Reply to
Grinner