Rant: F**k the Salvation Army

How many drunks did you offer a place to stay last night?

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Next time make them an offer.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

"boardjunkie" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com:

Fuck, if my Salvation Army had stuff like that... I'd never leave!!!! I don't think mine has ANY music stuff.

Reply to
The Chris

I NEVER SAID THAT. Perhaps you're replying to somebody else's comment? I'm a bargain hunter myself! There is NOTHING wrong with that.

Reply to
Jim

I cant believe you would get on here and post that . Expecting a junk store to refund you money especially a Salvation Army who helps feed hungry children or people who have nothing and you go ripping through there bitching about 35 dollars .

Why dont you just go to the poor peoples shelter and rip food out of childrens hands .

Reply to
Ken G.

That wasn't pointed at you Jim. Just a collective reply.

Reply to
boardjunkie

You should sleep better tonight, knowing that somewhere some homeless person will have a place to sleep... or some addicted young person will have a warm meal, or..... there's a never ending list of good works that the Sally Ann does for the disadvantaged in our communities.

Take care.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Weitzel

Very true!

BH

Reply to
Brian Hill

^^^^^^ Interesting...power prick...never seen onna those at GW or SA..

...would that be battery or AC ?

Reply to
Navin R. Johnson

I hear ya there brother!! If folks want to pick a bone with a store, how bout raising some hell with Target, for banning Salvation Army Bell Ringers from their property, during the holiday season?

You do the same.

taharka

Lexington, Kentucky U.S.A.

Reply to
taharka

Grinner

I lived a quarter mile from a second hand store for ten years, what makes the difference is the manager at the time. I have had your experience and another experience where I got to help myself to everything every night for free at the same store with a different manager. I have been welcomed and banded from the same store, manager again. But all of them over price some truly worthless junk. A toaster for ten bucks? I think I will get a new one. I do make a token purchase at times. The item is to good and it will disappear. Something like a state of the art bare bones hard drive that no has realized it yet, I take it up to counter with a bunch of old ones and ask how much are these things, and they say 2 bucks a piece, so I buy

2 or 3 so the 500gig does not get focused on. A thief? you tell me.
Reply to
davidlaska

Nup, just a savvy bargain hunter. I went to the local tip. They have a shop there. I bought a three seater leather lounge, a three burner BBQ, four kitchen chairs, a high quality chrome plated blender, a yamaha organ and a four drawer filing cabinet. $40 for the lot. Just cuts out the middle man. Nothing wrong with any of it, none of it had been near the tip face, I cleaned the lounge with methylated spirits and dyed it black then conditioned the leather, shampooed the chairs and gave everything a good clean. I could probably make $500 on it all on ebay.

Reply to
Grinner

You must be a cold, heartless Republican.

Reply to
FirstAlternate

I never got the Salvation Army...

They are notoriously homophobic and also use a god with their do gooding.

Do good because you want to, not because of a god and whilst you're at love everyone.

As for other comments, people with alcohol problems need counselling and welfare support, not god, or a roof for the night.

PS: A C shape on the third fret is my favourite chord... I could strum it all day!

Reply to
Pete

You do a couple of good things there, first you get stuff out a place that will not see the right buyer. It would end up in a landfill if it stayed to long. Then you make it presentable and offer it on Ebay so the right person can buy it. They save money and further keep the landfills from filling up. Finally you make money which in turn makes one more person happy (two if the buyer is happy which I am sure he usually is).

Reply to
davidlaska

You think like I do, gotta save the planet an' all.

Reply to
Grinner

what is GW?

Reply to
Grinner

Goodwill

Reply to
Ken Weitzel

Hmm.... GW = Goodwill Industries perhaps?

taharka

Lexington, Kentucky U.S.A.

Reply to
taharka