Projection TV shorted yoke

I have a JVC 56" rear projection TV (model AV-56WP30). I have been troubleshooting a problem with the red projecting a wavy line near top of screen (see

I have discovered that the input into the yoke from the convergence board is shorted (I didn't check whether it was horozontal or vertical). I found this by disconnecting the output from the convergence board and measuring resistance accross each of the two outputs +/-. My question is, is this usally a simple fix and what should I look for?

Reply to
signaturefactory

What is the inductive impedance of the yoke at 60Hz and 1KHz?

Are you sure it is shorted? What resistance did you read? Normal is usually around 2 to 8 ohms depending on the specific yoke design.

Reply to
dkuhajda

I don't have a meter here to measure that but if necessary I can get one from work.

I took the yoke out and found that it is not shorted. Resistance of both circuits is around .5 ohm. I guess I did not find my problem.

Reply to
signaturefactory