lg 520si studioworks

hi,

This monitor smoked. Upon inspection I discovered decayed glue that became conductive. So I cleaned the board and replaced all burnt components and also check semi-conductors. When tested it connected to a system unit, the light turned to green but the screen is blank. I can feel static in front of the monitor and the heater glows. After a minute, it suddenly clicked and the display comes out. Restarting the computer returns the monitor back to blank screen. So what I do is to turn off and back on the monitor several times until the display comes out again. One more thing I noticed is when turning on the computer, the monitor automatically turns on also. I suspect that horizontal drive is absent and after a moment, it sets in. What components I am missing here? Any help and suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

ian

Reply to
yhan