problem with sansui 32" tv

I have a sansui 32" tv that won't shut off or change channels from the remote or the tv itself. I am afraid to unplug it in case it will not come back on. Anyone with an idea would be greatly appreciated.

--
dalaw
Reply to

I have an idea.Call service shop.

Reply to
nowhere

The first step is to determine if the problem is with the remote or the TV. Can you change channels and turn it off from the front panel manually? If so, the specific buttons (these and the volume are the most frequently used so wear out first) on the remote itself is the likely problem.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman

The relay may be shorted! Rono.