Problem with LCD Monitor

I have 2 HP L1510 LCD monitors.. Both have the same problem, very dark picture. I pulled them both apart and they both have the same cap blown.. The problem is that they are melted that bad that i can't read the rating on them.. I've spent hours searching the net but found nothing.

Can anybody Help???

I can provide pics of the boards with the dead caps..

Thanks, Trevor

Reply to
TBag

its a c752

I think its a 25v 220 uF.. I tried a 25v 100uF.. nothing.. and then i tried a 25v 820 uF.. still the same

i'm not getting any power to the backing lights..

Reply to
TBag

I think he has established that. ;-) Thats where the cap is he is trying to find the value of.

Reply to
Michael Kennedy

The one I replaced was a 1000uF 16V,but if memory servers me it was C922

Reply to
rb

bad inverter ?

--
Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5

Either of those caps would probably work to replace a 25v 220 uF cap in that circuit (at least temporarily). It sounds like something else was damaged when the cap failed. It's likely to be as simple as a blown fuse, or open resistor. Andy Cuffe

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
Andy Cuffe

Reply to