Crystal vs Ceramic Resonator?

What is the difference between a crystal and a ceramic resonator?

Someone told me that this is a crystal resonator.??

I don't know if the one I have has a cap or not in it and I can't seem to find any info on the part.. It lists its frequency 24.000 and then it lists something else KDS 2K

Would this be the same as the one in the picture?

?Ref=394125&Row=182101&Site=US

Thanks, Mike

Reply to
Michael Kennedy

?Ref=394125&Row=182101&Site=US

Not enough information here (for me) but in general, ceramic resonators are lower-cost replacements for quartz crystals. The quartz units have higher Q and can have better temperature stability, but those issues are not always important.

Reply to
Charles Schuler

On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 17:42:48 -0500, "Michael Kennedy" put finger to keyboard and composed:

KDS refers to the manufacturer, Daishinku Corp. "2K" appears to be a lot number.

Crystal Resonators:

Crystal Oscillators:

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar