Porcelain thermally conductive insulators ?

The last time i saw a price they were over US $1 each, but that was over

30 years ago and for military use. Between the now rabid regulation and the expected cost i would be rather surprised to find them in commercial instrument amplifiers. Of course with Chinese manufacture such bets may be knocked into a cocked hat.
Reply to
josephkk

josephkk Inscribed thus:

You mentioned "military use", the original packing had "Marconi" on the label ! I've had them for more than 20 years. They came as part of an auction lot. If I recall, a subcontracting company that went bust when Marconi was taken over.

--
Best Regards:
                          Baron.

The last time i saw a price they were over US $1 each, but that was over

30 years ago and for military use. Between the now rabid regulation and the expected cost i would be rather surprised to find them in commercial instrument amplifiers. Of course with Chinese manufacture such bets may be knocked into a cocked hat. ++++

I'm assuming boards soldered up in China but assembled into the cab in USA. So these insulators would likely be fitted in the USA. They obviously were not made for the job, wrong cross-section area, unnecessarily thick, hole not used - perhaps they just had them laying around. That grey silipad could have been used with FET legs preformed to accommodate.

Reply to
N_Cook