Pioneer XV-HTD510 drawer help

The disc drawer opens then shuts and I'm not able to puit a DVD in it or get one out. Sometimes it works but mostly it doeasn't work correctly.

I had a Sharp DVD player and it did the same thing years ago so someone must know of a fix.

Thanks

Mike

Reply to
Mike

There is no support from the manufactures for service for these drives. They are considered disposable, especialy when considering value of the labour cost, and the setup to be able to service these.

The only thing you can do for yourself, is to open the drive unit, and see if there is anything that you can mechanicaly fix yourself.

If you have some basic service skills, you can look to see if there are any loose connections, or if something is mechanicaly jaming., or if there are any visible cold solder connections.

Jerry G. ======

Reply to
Jerry G.

I should let it be known that this is a home theater system that's about 3 yrs old.

Reply to
Mike

DO_NOT_PAY_ANY_ ATTENTION to Jerry G's useless generic advice.

Yours is a home theater dvd-receiver, not a 5 1/4 form factor dvd drive for a computer.

It is EASILY fixed by a knowledgeable technician. In your particular case, there is a noisy switch underneath the drawer. It can be cleaned or replaced by a KNOWLEDGEABLE technician.

It is NOT a doit-yourself job for most people.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias