PIONEER VSX-808 RDS Receiver

5 years ago I bought a Pioneer VSX-808 RDS Receiver. Recently the volume button couldn't be adjusted anymore and more recently when I turned the receiver on it shut down itself all the time and on the display it's reading "POWER OFF".

I'm a technician myself and to fix the problems I'm now looking for the service manual (not the owner's manual) with the technical schemes of the receiver. Can someone help me please??

Pascal

Reply to
pascalduran

Pascal: The obvious first step would be to check the PS and the Audio PO components for shorts and faulty components. Daniel Sofie Electronics Supply & Repair

- - - - - - - - -

Reply to
Sofie

Usually a bad output IC - I believe yours used them. Fairly expensive from Pioneer, and there are usually no subs, at least no cheaper ones. They got wise and quit printing the STK number as part of the lot number on the backs of the chips. Try to measure a DC offset at any one channel. That would point you to the bad chip. You can measure at the white emitter resistor in front of each one. There's probably 5 or 6 resistors total.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias

$9.99 and instant download