Pioneer Elite Pro1009w - Blue convergence shift and power-on relay ckt

Hey all,

Working on a Pioneer Elite Pro 1009W RPTV that has two issues. First, the set will shut itsself off without warning at no particular time interval. It's obviously a temp related issue and this was confimed by removing the back cover for the set. It now runs continuously without issue. I don't have a SM, so I'm hoping someone can help identify the caps and transistors related (IIRC, the PRO 200 SM shows Q401 as the relay drive).

The other problem with the set is the blue convergence. When first powered on, the convergence is in until about an hour of run time. The blue shifts to the right rather suddenly (the further right, the more it's off) and stays that way until it's powered off and back on again (once it has cooled). Once the shift occurrs, it can be corrected with the user convergence adjustment screen. I've tried cold spray on the convergence IC's and at various other points on the PC's. Poked around with a metal rod and felt some electricy in a few places while checking for poor connections and solder joints. (just kidding about the metal rod) Could never get it to even flinch. Should I just go ahead and replace the convergence ic's then go from there or does this sound like something else? Thanks in advance.

Jack

Reply to
samsungfirmware

samsungfirmware