Pinch roller fell out of Sony DCR-PC101 camcorder.

This Sony DCR-PC101 camcorder had a jammed front loading mechanism. In the eject mode I was able to look inside and see the pinch roller stuck in the path of the loading arms. I removed the roller but now I'm wondering what fastens the roller to the shaft that supports it? There is no notch for a clip to attach. Is there just a push on sleeve that holds the pinch roller in place?

Thanks for your reply.

--
David Farber
David Farber's Service Center

Hey, Dave.

Rollers like this attach using a small white nylon "sleeve" that fits down over the mounting post after the roller goes on. Just like many vcr's but smaller of course. You may be able to rob the part off another unit. It could be loose inside the unit somewhere, or you might have to order a new pinch roller ass'y and use the retainer off that. Much easier than replacing the whole arm.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias

if the part is hard to come by, use superglue on a toothpick to bond the bearing center sleev onto the pin. delicate work but usually effective.

i have done that on computer DDS tape drives successfully

and, the lost/missing small plastic thing may also be wandering around inside the mechanism, and that IS a serious problem.

spend some time with a good bright light to determine if it is there, you may not need to do parts buys if you find it.

heat and time usually cause pastic parts to either harden/crack or work their way loose, the camcorder may have been exposed to both.

Reply to
HapticZ

the

the

what

roller

and

Hi Mark,

I'll just order a new pinch roller assembly and transfer the roller and sleeve to the existing arm in the camcorder.

Thanks for your reply.