Cassette Pinch Roller

Is there anywhere on the web I can order / purchase small pinch rollers for a cassette recorder. The one I have now has a depression due to the autostop not working and the player remaining on for many hours before I noticed it. I actually need a company in the UK or one that can ship to the UK. All I need is the roller - not the mounting. I need a selection so that I can use the best one that fits. Many thanks - Chris B.

Reply to
CJB

Size? Diameter/Height, internal hole size?

Reply to
Colin Horsley

make/model number of machine?

have you tried cpc, charles hyde, molgar etc etc...

GO SHOVE A CORTELCO FONE UP YOUR ASS.

Reply to
Paige D'Winter

Find a small local industrial rubber supply company. Ask about cordage of the relevant diameter. Drill a hole down the centre of a cut piece of this cordage.

local suppliers to me, Hampshire, England Portmere Martins Comrie Technix

Preferably go in when its quiet and stock up with a range of "O" rings and they may give you a sample length of cordage, otherwise about 2GBP per metre.

N Cook

on

OK - thanks everyone. Filing the bump out of the roller didn't work - so replacement it is. I'll try the cordage idea. Hadn't thought of that!! Great idea. Chris Brady.

Reply to
CJB

Alba - CRS2005 - DUAL CASSETTE RECORDER.

But even Alba can't help!!

Chris B.

Reply to
CJB

a pic of the mech and pinch roller would be useful.chances are it will be the same one used on any number of budget machines, the ones pre-1984 ish were larger and the ones after that are smaller. you may have to get one from a cannibalised junk radio/cassette or midi system from the tip or car boot sale.

meanwhile here is a page with a few