phone charger prongs

Many times they are too straight and don't fit snugly in the outlet. You can be plugeed in for hours with no results. Once I even lost my SD card. I bend them, but some chargers even bend back. Any suggestions. I can think of a few ideas (eg foil) that might be too hazardous. And, short of keep trying, I have no way of knowing which 3-to-2 aapters will fit right.

Reply to
vjp2.at

Get an outlet strip that has good plug retention; commercial grade and hospital grade sockets are carefully designed for reliable contact force, but with consumer-grade gear, quality is variable. A three-prong plug from the outlet strip makes good contact with the wall socket, and the outlets in the STRIP, not the wall, determine how well your charger connects.

If you have a micrometer or calipers, it might also be wise to shop for a new charger with thicker metal prongs.

Reply to
whit3rd

Most adaptors are non-polarised with smaller prongs

Most walls these days are polarised

In my old home, I had to file down plugs to fit my wall outlets.

I usually try to spread the adaptor prongs further apart to fit more snugly

Reply to
vjp2.at

Or you could have simply changed the non-polarized plugs out for polarized plugs, which would have been a one time effort. And then you would not have needed to file down multiple plugs to fit.

Reply to
Bertrand Sindri