Time to get rid of my electronics collection - thoughts on where to donate

It's time to hang it up, I've moved away from electronics over into software, and it's about time I clear out the old collection.

I tried to get in touch with the local university to see about any interest there but didn't get any bites.

Any thoughts on places to donate? Some of it is high voltage so I want to give it to someone who'd end up hurting themselves, and i don't just want to call an e-waste company as some of it is pretty good stuff.

Thanks to this group for the years of information I've absorbed and occasionally participated in. Glad to see it's still going strong.

Dallas area if that matters.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Kamego

**There is an excellent Facebook group, inhabited by people who have a passion for test equipment:

I'm pretty certain you will find people in your area who would be happy to assist you in your task.

Reply to
Trevor Wilson
[snip]

Check and see if there's an Amateur Radio Club in your area. Usually there's at least someone in them who chews on copper wires for breakfast.

Reply to
danny burstein

I never did that !

KenW

Reply to
KenW

Copper wires have been used to produce Danish blue cheese. It works faster than steel wires. A bit too strong taste for breakfast!

Reply to
steve1001908

Have you considered Ebay, or maybe Craigslist?

Either is better than e-waste.

bob prohaska

Reply to
bob prohaska

I may be interested in some of your stuff...please drop me a note. I'd second CL or Ebay J

Reply to
Three Jeeps

Not so sure about that. Some of the key contributors seem to have been absent of late. :-(

Reply to
Cursitor Doom