Philips TV power problem

I have a Philips Magnavox TS2744 C123, chassis 27B800-7562. When I turn it on the green LED comes on and then the TV immediately shuts off. I don't see any damaged components on the main board or the CRT board. It appears there is a current overload that triggers a safety shutoff, but where? Perhaps a voltage regulator or rectifier is shorted? Any ideas?

--
vmac
Reply to

vmac: You are very correct in your assumption.... something is shorted.... could be any where... the power supply regulation circuitry, HOT, flyback, flyback derived B+ loads, HDr, VDefl, etc, etc. The fact that you "don't see any damaged components on the main board or CRT board" is obviously a nonsensical and unreasonable statement..... as we all know, parts that "look" OK can easily be defective.... they must be properly tested with appropriate test equipment and test proceedures. Dust off your DMM and start performing some basic technical troubleshooting, meter readings and component tests. You may want to go to the website for this newsgroup at

There, with some quality search time, you will find a wealth of troubleshooting tips, repair proceedures, component test methods and important safety information. If, after reading through the repairfaq, you still are not certain how to proceed then you might be best advised to TAKE your television to a service shop for, at the very least, a repair cost estimate so you can make an intelligent repair decision with facts instead of internet guesses. electricitym . .

Reply to
electricitym