Philips/Magnavox TV Schematics

I have an inoperative Philips/Magnavox TV set and no schematics. Where can one go to find/download/purchase schematics and maintenance documentation?

I think it took a hit a few months back when we had a power outage. One of the components let all of its smake out, but upon opening the set up, its not evident which one. Nothing works (not even the pilot LED).

Its a chassis no. 25B800-7562

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Paul: The schematics may be of little help unless you first can do some basic troubleshooting and testing without them. There are NO step by step troubleshooting procedures and the schematics are only most useful to those who are experienced in television repair. A dead set due to a power surge is usually one of the simpler repair scenarios. Obvious first steps after your visual inspection would be dust off your DMM and to test the power supply components and look for properly regulated B+, in addition you should test the HOT to see if it is shorted and test for other faulty components in that area of the cicuitry. You may want to go to the website for this newsgroup at

there, with some of your search time, you will find a weath of repair, troubleshooting, testing and safety information. Best Regards, Daniel Sofie Electronics Supply & Repair

- - - - - - - - - -

Reply to
Sofie

I've done quite a bit of electronics repair (and a little bit of TV repair), and I wouldn't start poking around in something unless I had some idea of what sort of circuit I was looking at.

I'd much rather rely on a schematic than trying to trace the power supply around the traces of the main board.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

You do not need a schematic or service manual to check and test the components that Sofie indicated in his reply post. As he said, "dust off your DMM ........." electrictym

+++++++++++++++++++++++

Paul Hovnanian P.E. wrote:

Reply to
electricitym

On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 21:45:34 -0700, "Paul Hovnanian P.E." put finger to keyboard and composed:

It appears to be available here for $10:

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Try answering the question originally posted. That is, "where can one obtain a schematic", not "do I need one".

I'd much rather have one in hand while searching for faults. I don't repair TV sets as a profession.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Thanks. It appears to be $10 for a one month membership. I'll grab schematics for all my miscellaneous gizmos.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

THANKS! I may check that out myself. I've got a few things here I could sure use a schematic for to finish up.

Lou

Reply to
clfe