Philips TV

=_NextPart_000_0017_01C797DB.3B26A990 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I have a Philips model TS3258C1 TV. about 9yrs old. The set shut down = with a pop followed by burnt transformer like smell. To late to open set = up tonight any suggestions as to what to look for? I thought this my be = a on going problem with Philips. Thanks=20 Frank

Reply to
Frank

=_NextPart_000_000F_01C797D0.02BA1610 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Frank: Look for the burnt transformer. =20 No, this is not an ongoing problem with Philips and the symptom you = reported can happen with any make and model. Get your DMM out and start checking the circuitry for faulty components = around whatever you think is burnt. For more repair and troubleshooting information you can go to the = website for this newsgroup at

there is no easy and quick formula here... old fashioned troubleshooting = and testing is needed.... and repair experience and electronics = knowledge is essential. Best Regards, Daniel Sofie Electronics Supply & Repair

Reply to
Sofie