PHILIPS Tv chassis EM3E-AA : what's this component?

widescreen philips tv with burnt component:

looks like a thermal/resistive device, NTC or PTC, it is connected in series with the line transformer and the scan coils. I can see some text on an adjacent one connected in series with the burned one: 420v

592-8c 0206

Don't know if it is the same component, and my service manual has the relevant pages missing. the sub pcb assly ref is 8204-000-64922. Perhaps someone could be so good as to confirm this.

any suggestions gratefully recieved B

On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 06:35:02 -0800 (PST), b put finger to keyboard and composed:

The part number appears to be 592-BC, not 8C:

The OP in the above thread also cannot find the component in the parts list, however someone else identifies it as ...

"1991244 420V Warystor 592-BC 1MA/612V 1100V 482211621239"

The local Philips supplier lists the part as ...

Model Part Number Description Price

------------------------------------------------------------- SES 482211621239 RES VDR 1mA 612V *29PT7321/79R $6.27

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

=A0 =A0 Price

many thanks. I will ask at my local store and see if they have one. talk soon.

-B

=A0 =A0 Price

Local store only had 420v 503-BC D645, will attempt to take measurements and see if they are interchangeable.

-B

=A0 =A0 Price

correction: sorry. make that 593-BC!

=A0 =A0 =A0 Price

found this info:

216.html

216.html

...show that both variants cope with the same voltages but different current handling. I fitted the new part and tested the set briefly- seems Ok. Will keep under observation. B