30 gigs of schematics, all brands and current

Until Dec 1, 2005 a 15.00 donation buys one full year membership. After that, the price will go to 60.00 per year, 20.00 for 3 months and 10.00 a month to help cover server costs and maintenance. The 10 and 20.00 signups will have some limitations per day. At the moment there is

30gigabytes of schematics and tech tips and will soon swell to over 70 gigs. Download what you need and share what you have. Not a scam and no one trying to get rich and bail out! You're paying for the privilege of taking part in one of the best resources technicians have ever had available. The choice is easy. 15.00 once, or go the next year begging people to look up a part number for you. This IS the big picture! With broadband, you could recoup your 15.00 in 30 seconds. It's a no brainer.
Tech Data

Until Dec 1, 2005 a 15.00 donation buys one full year membership. After that, the price will go to 60.00 per year, 20.00 for 3 months and 10.00 a month to help cover server costs and maintenance. The 10 and 20.00 signups will have some limitations per day. At the moment there is

30gigabytes of schematics and tech tips and will soon swell to over 70 gigs. Download what you need and share what you have. Not a scam and no one trying to get rich and bail out! You're paying for the privilege of taking part in one of the best resources technicians have ever had available. The choice is easy. 15.00 once, or go the next year begging people to look up a part number for you. This IS the big picture! With broadband, you could recoup your 15.00 in 30 seconds. It's a no brainer.
Tech Data

I'll gladly sign on the dotted line if I know I'm getting something useful. You give no idea of the content. I think you're going to need a listing of contents at the very least before you'l get many bites.

Come on, to pay for it I need to see that you have content relevant to what I fix. You could have a goldmine for MRO or robotics and not shit for me, or you could have a goldmine for me.

I have no problem paying a fee, I just need to know you have what I need.

Mainly I need info for large screen direct view CRT sets, CRT based RPTVs and LCD direct or projo. Plasma TV has not crossed my bench as of yet, but there's always a first time. Schemes for DVDs, VCRs, stereo equipment are not critical for me, but if you gotem good.

Schemes for units that use proprietary chips are also in demand. Also any data on chips that you can't get on datasheetarchive or alldatasheet are sometimes needed.

JURB

Reply to
ZZactly

Click on the link and hit the email button on the site info page. I guarantee the site will blow your doors off! All the latest Pioneer Hi Defs and audio and WAY too much to list here. I'll be glad to tell all about it. I've been servicing consumer grade electronics for 25 yrs and I'm not offering some bullshit Sams 874 or tube crap. This is all up to date literature. The biggest thing lacking at the moment is high end audio prints which I'm working on. Have some Mac, Onkyo, Crown and so on, but it's all a work in progress. Are you willing to share what you have???? Show you mine if you'll show me yours!

Reply to
Tech Data

Show a list of the schematics you carry here or on your Website?

Reply to
Mary

No, I'm not going to list 30 gigs of prints one by one. I will say I have 9gigs of Sony and 4DVD's full to still up to the site. 5 gigs of

3rd party tv manuals in PDF(wink) 2 gigs of JVC and it goes on. Every major mfg that sells product in North America plus misc. sections as well as Wells Gardner and other arcade monitors. I thought about a money back guarantee but, I know I'd have the 'Walmart' shoppers show up that, if I didn't have that ONE print they needed for something today, I'd get the pissy "I want my money back" and I'd be spending my day doing that. It's 15.00 a year for all you can take. How much time have you wasted looking for part numbers or a schematic for ONE piece of equipment. Either take a chance or stay away. I don't want leechers anyway. I want people to sign up that want to be part of something good for technicians. There it is. Hope to see you there.
Tech Data

Ok, I'm confused. Somewhere you have to be able to search and find what you need. That produces a list? If you can't publish the list before we pay, we ain't gonna be able to find it after we pay. I'd rethink my business model. mike snip

Reply to
mike

I'm kind of a casual observer (i.e. not a technician), and from what I can see, you're going about this bass ackwards. You've asked people to take a risk on something they haven't seen, yet won't take a risk yourself to provide any sort of samples. You've asked people to sign up for all the prints they can handle, yet provide not even a shred of evidence that they're going to be able to find what they want among all your stuff -- even if you do have it -- because you don't seem to have catalogued a thing. You've pre-shat on a bunch of your potential customers (me, maybe) by already indicating your customer service will be poor to non-existent when they "take a chance," try to find what they want among your 30 gigs of stuff that you've apparently got ("helpfully" broken down into Sony, JVC, Wells Gardner, arcade monitors, and other), and then perhaps understandably don't feel like they've gotten their money's worth.

How 'bout this:

- put up a sample of your best PDF, your worst PDF, and something really rare. Redact stuff if you must, but prove that you've got it!

- charge $5 for two months or $15 for a whole year. People will give you more than your $15 per year in the short term, just to see what's what.

- advertise that you're so confident in your product that you'll give a no-questions-asked full refund if someone is unsatisfied (less a buck a schematic, if you feel you have to). Refrain from referring to legitimate customer complaints as "pissy."

- make your full refund policy your priority, and be apologetic when you don't have what a particular potential customer is looking for. People know people; they also have blogs, use e-mail, and post on Usenet.

I've bought manuals online (and for a lot more than $15), but I'll tell ya: there is no way in hell I'd take the huge risk of sending you $15 for the product (?) and service (?) as you've outlined it thus far.

Here's a test: Do you have a copy of the Pioneer LD-V4300D service manual (PDF or paper)? You prove that you do, and I'll give you $15 just for that. You don't even need to give me access to anything else.

Reply to
Karyudo

Here's an answer to all. Forget it. And to the 'non tech' who thinks I should refund every whiney person who can't find what they want out of

30 gigs, you miss the big picture. This is a SHARING site. While members are welcome to take what I have to offer, they're also expected to share if someone needs what they have. As far as 'cheery refunds'??? I've got several members bragging they got they're moneys worth in 20 seconds. You want testimonials, I'm a moderator on one of the best forums on the internet,
. Scroll down to the Bulletin Board link and ask to join( it's free) My announcements are at the top thread, WITH HIS APPROVAL. Join or not but I'm not going to spend 40 days and 40 nights trying to convice people to spend 15.00 for God's sake. Now, as far as the laser disc, the closest I have is a CLD-S320. The rest are more current DVD players by Pioneer. As I stated, the Pioneer section is mostly newer, high end products. That's not to say that one of my members woulnd't have it though.
Tech Data
1, This Newsgroup is a sharing site 2,
Shows no support for Phillips/Magnavox 3, Would you send money to a company before you know what they have to offer? 4, If you needed a 1/4 Watt 2K resister and the store owner says I have a box 3'X3'X3', of loose resisters, it will cost you $2.00 to look thru! And you can only take the 2K 1/4 W, if you find it. 5, As far as close for schematics, Hand grenades and Horseshoes. One component changes the whole output, if you were any kinda of TECH at all, you would know this! 6, Wait til your out of high school and take a course in business, before you try selling products, that you don't know what you have. 7, The last thing a non tech want's to do is find a street in Florida, when he has a map for Alabama, BUT IT'S CLOSE!!!

Reply to
NonTech

No...close is very often good enough.

Tom

Reply to
Tom MacIntyre

is one of the best forums. Your site may very well be worthwhile and worth the cost, but you might want to try a little less attitude to get it off to a better start.

How does it compare to say, TechAssist? I find a lot of useful info on that listserve and get most of the manuals that I need from the techs there.

For those of us in the business, $15 or even $60 is nothing if you download even a few manuals in a year. I know my subscription to techassist has paid for itself many times with the tips and downloads.

Leonard

Reply to
Leonard Caillouet

Leonard, you're right. So used to being flamed or flaming on open forums and just hadn't been to one in awhile. I helped Jay start Techassist and he and Digger have done a great job with it. If you look their 'old archives' I sent those to Jay when Techassist was just an email forum. The point I was getting frustrated trying to make is, I'm not selling schematics. I'm offering a tech sharing system and the donation is just to help pay for server and maintenance costs. That's it. Pure and simple. I'm in the middle of upping all the Foce prints in PDF. One gentleman from here signed up today and is upping all of his Onkyo, HK and other audio prints. He was impressed with the starter system we have. It's all a work in progress. With the forum additions we plan to have, a tip database for newer equipment and many other addtions as we go along, this could be absolutely the best tool for techs since the internet came out. Lofty goal maybe but, the times the way they are, if we don't take care of US, no one else is. And Tom, you've been on enough forums over the last 8 yrs that I've heard you repeatedly complain of the cost of business where you are and the income base you have to deal with. Well, I'd think this would be the exact thing to help you get out of the red. And if you had read closer, I linked you to Dennis TSS logs so you'd have the link to his newer Bulletin Board. Some of the best techs in North America on there and that's FREE and there's plenty of Phillips support on there. You guys decide. One way or another the site will be up with or without you. Just offering something good, that's all.

Tech Data

I can respect that. I don't think the casual dabbler such as myself is who you're looking for, and I don't think people like me are looking for what you've got -- at least not how you've got it. That's fine.

However, I do feel sorta disappointed that you've got quite the treasure trove of stuff (apparently), but that the "closed shop" mentality lives on amongst you and other fellow tech assist people. I don't mean that in a bitter way (well, not exactly); I just mean that in my opinion you're not providing a service that's of value to much of anyone but people in the business already. Which is too bad, since I suspect there are a lot more of us dabblers than there are of you pros.

Sincere thanks for your research on my Pioneer LD player manual -- I know it's going to be a tricky find.

Reply to
Karyudo

Closed shop mentality? What do you expect? Offer access for free? You can already get many schematics for free or for small fee from many sites. He is trying to provide a service to other techs and cover the costs. He certainly won't get rich at $60 per year. Seems he is promoting open access to info that most techs have trouble getting at a reasonable cost if not a manufacturer's ASC.

Reply to
Leonard Caillouet

Suggestion - Print the directory tree to a text file. Then we can get a rough idea of what you are offering.

In windows you would do start / run / cmd (to load the command prompt)

Then type:

dir (directory name here) /S > List.txt

This prints all directories, subdirectories, and filenames out to List.txt so we can assess. A 5 minute job.

Reply to
datasheets

As far as repairing today's newer electronics with SMT, custom IC's, non silked screen boards, no schematics and no parts availability, unless you're an authorized dealer, just is not worth it. I would much better try repairing ten to fifteen year old electronics. We had several electronic stores here in our town of over 200,000 and the last shop closed up a month back leaving Radio Shaft left, LOL. I think this is a good idea, but there are a lot more than 30 gigs of schematics out there as of today. The turn off, is this site has no search or list of models. Check out alt.binaries.schematics.electronic, seems nobody want's to post schematics. I don't think anyone is going to pay $60.00 to post schematics that they may have paid $25 to $60 for. Anyone in the repair business is not going to wait for someone to post a needed schematic. I think any company that drops a model and support for it should release the service manual for it within a time frame. My thoughts. Show a list of schematics and if someone sees one they can use, they might join. $60.00 for a pig in a poke is too high.

Reply to
John

Well, this was obviously a mistake posting on here. Once again, to be clear, I wasn't selling schematics but, it doesn't matter. Server is now paid up for the next year and that's all I wanted to make sure to do. We have 73 paid members and a few each day and no complaints. They've also uploaded over 2gigs in the last 24hrs to add to the site. That's all its about. Apparently, everyones doing so well in this business that you don't need to be part of something like this. You have the link. Choose to join or not. Doesn't matter either way. Last post.

Tech Data

I'd be happy to give you 15 bucks for your "pig in a poke" but your link to paypal doesn't seem to work.

Leonard

Reply to
Leonard Caillouet

Leonard, when you get to the site, hit refresh before clicking the paypal button. I just tried it and it seems to be working. Thanks for the support.

Reply to
Tech Data