Philips LCD TV 32MF605W/17: No Picture

Hello, Have a Philips 32MF605W/17 LCD TV that will turn on, the backlits light up for a second and you can see a picture than the backlites go off. The TV remains on and you can hear the program. Could this be a bad inverter? If some of the CCFL lamps are bad would it shut all of them off? Is there a way to test the inverter or the CCFL lamps? Thanks, Karl

Reply to
kkvicala

Most likely a bad inverter. Yes, that would shut ALL lamps off. You are testing both inverter and lamps now: The inverter is bad.

Reply to
webpa

It might be bad capacitor-s .. I have fixed a few LCD tv`s with only one bad capacitor and the set was under 3 years old

Reply to
Ken G.

Yup Bad inverter but it is not usually sold seperatly, but sold with the lcd display unit I work on these units every day for bb service center Ref num 105 part # 823827718431 this is the lcd panel assy inverter is not sold seperate

Reply to
David Naylor

You David, you are correct. I have three in shop under warrantee that have bad displays because the inverter BD's are bad. I work for Tower TV in St. Paul MN.

To bad the inverts are not sold seperatly.

David Naylor wrote:

Reply to
lrabanus

Reply to