Philips 26CE1991 TV

Hi all
Philips 26CE1991.
I have one of these TVs purchased some years ago. I understand it is a SAMPO
chassis. Of late the TV will not fully turn off when either the remote or
the power switch on the TV is pushed. Sound mutes but picture stays on. I
can hear a relay energising when either power button is pushed. I am having
to resort to switching it off at the power point each time which is rather
annoying.
Any ideas?
Cheers
Dave
Reply to
Dave
Any ideas? you ask, there is a fault in the standby circuit.
A TV report on TV news said there is a lot of house fires in New Zealand been caused by TV's left in standby, the news report said, "it is best to turn the TV off at the wall",
Hi all
Philips 26CE1991.
I have one of these TVs purchased some years ago. I understand it is a SAMPO chassis. Of late the TV will not fully turn off when either the remote or the power switch on the TV is pushed. Sound mutes but picture stays on. I can hear a relay energising when either power button is pushed. I am having to resort to switching it off at the power point each time which is rather annoying.
Any ideas?
Cheers Dave
Reply to
Eric