PIR placement

Hello,

Should PIR sensors be placed facing away from a window to avoid false triggering?

--
M.Joshi
Reply to

On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 08:01:00 +0100, M.Joshi put finger to keyboard and composed:

You should put them on the opposite wall to avoid false triggering by rustling curtains. Place them in a corner so that they face across the window, not directly at it. A PIR is most sensitive when an intruder moves across it rather than toward it. For more reliable triggering, I'd suggest a dual sensor, ie one that combines a PIR and a microwave detector. The latter is insensitive to heat variations.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar