Panasonic PT-50LC13 shuts down

A friend is asking me to look at this Panasonic PT-50LC13 TV he picked up, I believe it's a rear projection CRT. It was given to him as broken but he tried it out and it came on and looked great for about 5 minutes then shut down with the power light flashing. After cooling off it did that one more time, but now he says when the power button is pressed the light goes from red to green, then flashes yellow until power is disconnected. I'm thinking cracked solder joints but I was curious if this series has any known defects I should look for so I can come prepared. I've worked on a lot of TVs before, but projection sets almost always have a few surprises for me.

Reply to
James Sweet

I've never worked on a panasonic projector, much less an LCD projector, and I have no access to schematics... but I'll assume for the sake of simplicity that the makeup of one projector to the next is pretty universal. Just fixed a Mitsubishi with similar issues - one of the switching regulators took a dump. Pretty common issue from my understanding. I'd look on the power supply board, yank the reg, and test it.

Reply to
gordon.mott