who was the transformer rewinder?

i have a 5 tube zenith that needs the treatment.

Reply to
Eddie Brimer

Eddie: the ONLY transformer in a 5 tube radio would most likely be the audio output transformer fed from a 50L6 or 50C5 (or similar) tube which in turn would feed a 4 or 5 inch speaker. There is literally nothing special about these low power, low fidelity transformers.... if it were me, I would obtain a cheap and even non-working tube radio at a garage sale or thrift store and rob the transformer that you need....

electricitym

- - - -

Eddie Brimer wrote:

Reply to
electricitym

Cheap non working tube radios are getting hard to come by, Antique Electronic Supply usually carries an assortment of these transformers though.

Reply to
James Sweet