Sanyo PLV-Z3 Image Burn-In

I have an image burned into my lense or lamp or somewhere on my unit. It is casting an annoying blue ghost over overything. I want to know if replacing the lamp will fix it or if a more expensive trip to the shop will be required. Thanks!

Daniel

Reply to
dsom

Well, no help anywhere on this. I guess I am gonna toss this in the trash and buy a different model. Thanks anyway.

Reply to
dsom

No help on what kind of device? You posted a make/model number but the rest of the information is missing.

Reply to
dkuhajda

I'm sorry, I didn't realize that the make and model wasn't enough enough information.

=3D1093

Wide-screen (16:9) Multimedia Projector

Features: 800 ANSI Lumens 2000:1 Contrast Ratio 10 Bit Video Processing

PLV-Z3

  • 16:9 Native Aspect Ratio, HD (1280 x 720) * 800 ANSI Lumens * New Motorized Iris Yields 2000:1 Contrast Ratio * Full 10-bit Video Processing * 15 Pin D-Sub, Data Input * Composite, and S Video Inputs * Lamp Output is Adjusted Automatically to Optimize Contrast and Reduce Video Noise * Progressive Scanning w/3-2 Pulldown Technology * HDTV Compatible * Pair of Front Panel Controls for Easy Set-up and Use * Extensive Input Connections * New Fully-illuminated Remote Control

S p e c i f i c a t i o n s Resolution

1280 x 720 Brightness (typical) 800 ANSI Lumens Uniformity 85% (corner to corner) LCD Panel System 0=2E7" TFT Poly-Silicon x 3 (16:9) Number of Pixels 2,764,800 (921,600 x 3) Contrast Ratio 2000:1 (graphic mode) Projection Image (diag.) 31" ~ 200" Aspect Ratio 16:9 Throw Distance 3=2E9' ~ 20' Zoom/Focus 1:1.3, Manual driven Lens Shift Manual (Up/ Down/Left/Right) Up/Down/Left/Right Ratio Up/Down: 3: -1 ~ -1:3 (-1V/Center/+1V) Left/Right: 10:0 ~ 0:10 (-0.5H/Center/+0.5H) Digital Keystone Correction +/- 20=B0 Optical System Dichroic mirror & X prism w/ PBS Projection Lens F2.04~2.54 /f0.85"~1.09" Lens Throw Ratio 1=2E35 ~ 1.8:1 Projection Lamp 135W UHP Scanning Frequency H: 15~80kHz, V: 50~100Hz (auto sense/select) Dot Clock 100MHz Color System PAL/SECAM/NTSC/NTSC4.43/PAL-M/PAL-N Computer Compatibility WXGA/SXGA/XGA/SVGA/VGA/MAC Voltage 100V-240V AC; 50/60Hz (auto voltage) BTU Rating 717 dB Rating 23dBA (Theater Black mode) Power Consumption 210W Dimensions (WxHxD) 14.1" x 4.6" x 10.8" Net Weight 9=2E0 lbs. User Maintenance Clean air filters, replace lamp assembly Input Terminals Component Video 1 Y, Pb/Cb, Pr/Cr (RCA x 3) Component Video 2 Y, Pb/Cb, Pr/Cr (RCA x 3) S-Video S-Video (Mini DIN 4-pin x 1) Composite Video Video (RCA x 1) Computer Analog RGB (D-Sub 15 ) HDMI 19-Pin DVI HDMI (19-pin) Communication RS-232C/ Service Port (Mini DIN 8-pin) Included Accessories Owner's Manual; Illuminated Infrared Remote Control; AC Power Cord; Composite Video Cable (9.8'); 2 AA batteries
Reply to
dsom

No, what's the problem with the unit? If there's image burn then the burned LCD panel(s) need to be replaced, this is not normally cost effective.

Reply to
James Sweet

Like I said in my first post there is an image burned into it. A sort of blue ghost is cast over everything. I can see a faint network logo in the lower right corner.

Reply to
dsom

Sounds like LCD panel burn if it is really there. Put up a solid light colored image to verify that it is actually LCD panel image burn. If it is then the panels need replaced. Might only need one or two of the panels.

Might be best to try and find same model on ebay that has a lamp ballast problem and hope it has good panels. Or put it up on ebay with full disclosure as someone might want it for the lamp ballast or other parts.

Reply to
dkuhajda

So it is basically ruined. Are there home theater projectors NOT so easily subject to burn-in? I hate to waste another $2500.

Reply to
dsom

DLP projectors are not going to have this problem.

Leonard

Reply to
Leonard Caillouet

I guess I've learned an expensive lesson. Thank you. I go in search of a decent DLP projector.

Daniel

Reply to
dsom

dsom wrote: : So it is basically ruined. Are there home theater projectors NOT so : easily subject to burn-in? I hate to waste another $2500.

I'm not denying that you might have burn-in, but LCD displays are not very susceptable (sp?) to burn-in, especially when compared to CRT or Plasma displays. As another poster said, DLP technology is not really susceptable to burn-in, either.

Sounds like you just go unlucky.

Joe

Reply to
<jwelser

LCDs do not have phosphors and therefore do not have the problem with differential aging that CRTs and PDPs do. They do have a tendency for the panels and filters to become burned, particularly the blue. DLPs that use a

3chip system could conceivably have the same problem in the filters, but the chip itself will not burn like the LCD panel can.