Old radio ...

I don't suppose by any remote chance, that anyone has got the old 'Trader' service sheet for a Roberts model RMB from 1951, languishing at the back of a filing cabinet ?

Thanks

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

of

Schematic, Vs and alignment ,yes, but not Trader series

N Cook

Not necessary for it to be 'Trader'. That was just an "e.g." if you like. Any schematic will do nicely if you have it in electronic format. Thanks for the response. Appreciated.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

snipped-for-privacy@newsfe2-gui.ntli.net...

back

for

At the moment it is on relatively future-proof paper printed in the 1950s, I'm not aware of any electronic format schema from the 50s.

N Cook

I just meant something that you could send as an e-mail attachment, such as a scanned pdf, or any other readily readable format. I was already assuming that you did not have a slot on the front of your computer, to push a paper copy into...

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

That would be a fax machine then?

;)

Ron(UK)

Reply to
Ron(UK)

Well Ron, if he has the software to fax it to my computer, that would be fine ... d;~}

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Appols for thread drift, but, I`ve never had much sucess with computer based faxing, I used to use Winfax, but found it flakey, and Windoze own built in fax application is even worse. I always fax my orders to CPC by printing them out and using the old fashioned steamdriven machine (their online ordering system is penc)

Easiest to scan and 'sendto - mail recipient'

Ron

Reply to
Ron(UK)

Schematic received now as e-mail attachment. Many thanks Mr Cook. Greatly appreciated.

Ron. I too use a standard (plain paper) fax, but it's currently out of order due to needing a new film cartridge, and I'm struggling with justifying the cost, for the few times a year it gets used ... As you say, scan and mail.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

like.

Thanks

1950s,

as

assuming

paper

I will routinely stay with A3 photocopier that can handle A1 sheets with no great problem ( rarely missing odd strips in overlaps ), can also handle 2 inch thick books with ease. I wonder what the price of a digital system would be to process that sort of material to the same resolving power of a photocopier.

N Cook