Old Pioneer schems ...

Hi all

Anyone by any chance got schematics for an old Pioneer unit type DC-X55Z ? Only need the bit around the output hybrid and its power supplies, I think. The hybrid has audio going in at both channel input pins, but not a jot coming out on either channel. Basic supplies are present, and no obvious looking anomalies at any pin using the data sheet for the STK. It's not the STK itself, as I hung another in just to be sure. Interestingly, the output protect circuit doesn't seem to be working either as the output relay is never being driven, but there is no significant DC offset on either channel's output, so I'm guessing that there is going to be an O/C resistor or whatever that has some commonality between the protect circuit, and something like the mute pin on the STK, which has about negative 1 volt on it. I can't find anything on the data sheet that details the conditions on this pin for muted or opened.

TIA

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Not finding the manual for that, not free anyway, but sometimes I'll see a small value electrolytic hanging off the power supply and used as a fast cut-off for the protection circuit. Bad cap, IC sees AC (or zero DC anyway) and keeps the relay drive held off. Usually between 2.2uF and 10uF.

You could try forcing the relay drive ON, using the diode check function of your DMM to the drive transistor base, for example. If the amp output is normal I do think I'd look more back to the power supply.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark Zacharias

Found a schematic for a DC-X77Z...

I can send that to you...

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark Zacharias

Found a schematic for a DC-X77Z...

I can send that to you...

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark Zacharias

Thanks Mark. The protect circuit is not based on an IC in this one, and there is no output from the hybrid even prior to the relay, so I guess that whatever is causing that is the fundamental problem, and the protect circuit not operating is a an allied, but side issue ...

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily