Old Panasonic PF-2201 Loses Color

Well, I've had an older VCR unit for maybe 20 years, and now it seems only capable of playing tapes in b/w. Am I missing something about settings? The problem started recently. The last time I used it was six weeks ago. I can plug another vcr into the same TV and out comes the expected color.

I just tried running a tape cleaner, and when if finished, I could see the name SCOTCH in bright yellow letters. I then tried a tape with color, and it didn't work, so I got a tape that was in color that was commercially produced. Still b/w.

Wayne T. Watson (Watson Adventures, Prop., Nevada City, CA) (121.015 Deg. W, 39.262 Deg. N) GMT-8 hr std. time) Obz Site: 39° 15' 7" N, 121° 2' 32" W, 2700 feet

--
                "There is more to life than increasing its speed"
                            -- Mahatma Gandhi

                     Web Page:
Reply to
W. Watson