Iiyama Monitor loses settings

Hello,

my Iiyama VisionMaster 502 loses its settings very often. I am not experienced in repairing monitors, but built some some digital electronic devices. So, if i only have to exchange a eeprom- or flash-chip, i can do it myself. My question is: how certain can i be, that it is only a memory-chip? Regards,

Johann Blaser

Reply to
Johann Blaser

Maybe the internal battery is dead or the SuperCap is broken.

--
mistermaniac
Reply to

Most monitors store their settings in a little 8-pin IC on the main board. The number on the chip begins with 24C (eg: 24C04). They are not expensive, costing about 2 to 4 dollars. It might be worth replacing the IC. John

Reply to
jdgill

Don't they also contain the monitor's firmware?

Dave

Reply to
Dave D

Johann Blaser ha scritto:

100% :-) all the monitors i worked on have a memory, a 24Cxx Serial EEPROM .. try to change this... other causes maybe 1) Overvoltages in electric line 2) EHT transformer loss

I.

--
I.
Reply to