Noise on Channel 3 of TV

In the last week, we've noticed that channel 3 has a very apparent noise on it when it is on. If DirecTV is turned on, then the noise goes away. We have two TVs on DirecTV and a third downstairs, which we can switch over to DirecTV. #1: Living room -- DirecTV #2: Bedroom -- DirecTV #3: Downstairs -- switchable to DirecTV

I've turned off my PC eqpt near #1, but no change. We've turned off a few more household gadgets with no change.

This morning the noise is no longer on #2. No noise on #3. I don't believe we examined #3 prior to a few minutes ago when I did check it. We took #1 completely off--no antenna connection or power, and will leave it that way for the rest of the day. It's the newest TV we have. A Sharp 19" LCD.

I suspect the culprit will be the Sharp. Comments? The loss and gain of the simultaneity of the noise on #1 and #2 to just #1 seems very odd.

Wayne T. Watson (Watson Adventures, Prop., Nevada City, CA) (121.015 Deg. W, 39.262 Deg. N) GMT-8 hr std. time) Obz Site: 39° 15' 7" N, 121° 2' 32" W, 2700 feet

""I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it." -- Mark Twain (a nod to evolution)

--
                     Web Page:
Reply to

Solved. When we were playing a DVD on the TV, I asked my wife to put the subtitles on. She went to the TV menu, and somehow accidentally hit SAP. That's what caused the noise. BTW, what's SAP?

Reply to
W. Watson

Hi...

Second Audio Program? (another language)

Take care.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Weitzel