How Does an Electric Dipole Generator Work?

yes, more or less. hense the reason for corrected length of an antenna elliment. it flows down the surface of the elliments and then returns. the idea is to match it properly so that incoming energy and returning energy timed correctly to give the proper loading effects(EMF generations); etc.. i have a nice PDF guide that covers antenna theory and i think it covers your topic very well if you wish to have it.

Reply to
Jamie

Look at my very old physics book, I came across a description on EM that uses the idea of an electric dipole generator. Effectively an antenna. It almost appears as though one could stick a power cord in an electric outlet without anything attached to it (bulb, for example), and have an antenna. What's happening here? Does current flow up one wire and then back down it into the other wire. Sounds a bit puzzling. I would take there is really no dipole in the sense that there's a +/-pair. Can someone elucidate on what's happening?

                         Web Page:
Reply to
W. Watson

the

as

attached

current

puzzling. I

someone

It would have to be an exceedingly ***long*** dipole to efficiently radiate 60Hz. But such low frequencies *do* propagate through space if given the chance. They're just not normally used, due to the exceptionally long wavelength!

Reply to
Miles Harris

Oh dear...This last sentance is like one one those "experts" on tv shows telling us black is black because it is black.

A more usfull statment would be:

Low frequencies are not normally used because it is difficult to transfer power to the antenna. This results in low transmissinon distances.

or

Low frequencies are not normally used because the data rate that can be transient is low.

Kevin Aylward snipped-for-privacy@anasoft.co.uk

SuperSpice, a very affordable Mixed-Mode Windows Simulator with Schematic Capture, Waveform Display, FFT's and Filter Design.

Reply to
Kevin Aylward

the

appears as

attached

current

puzzling. I

someone

I forgot to mention that my house is wired for 120v and 6MHz. :-)

                         Web Page:
Reply to
W. Watson

Sure. Is it something on the web?