new ipod battery doesn't hold a charge

I have a 3rdG ipod 15GB; all of a sudden it stopped working. I get the folder error message and the battery gets hot when I try to charge it. I changed the battery to a new one; it didn't make a difference. Does anybody know what's wrong or how to fix this problem?

Reply to
lauricek

sounds like the charger may be bad or the wrong one.

Reply to
TimPerry

Folder icon is a bad sign.. You should download the ipod updater from apple.com and see if you can do a restore on your ipod. I hate to say it but odds are your hard drive has died and the only way to fix that is to get another hdd.

Also for all your iPod questions check out

- Mike

Reply to
Michael Kennedy