HOWTO port uClinux on coyote board...?

Using RedBoot as bootloader, and it works fine.
Now, I try to compile uClinux as its Kernel.
But have some problems....

coyote board spec:
32M SDRam, 16 MB flash.
Processor: Ontel IXP425 at 533MHz.

I compile uClinux without error messages.
but, when I try to load zImage and ramdisk.gz..
It didn't show any message....

What's wrong?

anybody can give me some sugession??

Re: HOWTO port uClinux on coyote board...?
when you do the uClinux work, what kind of bootloader do you use?
still with redboot? or others?

Why do you want to use uClinux? for the IXP425 is a cpu with MMU
supporting. And uClinux is special designed for non-MMU systems.
please refer to arm-linux when do the Xscale working.

Best Regards

Jason

Re: HOWTO port uClinux on coyote board...?
Yes, I use Redboot as its bootloader..

why use uClinux? I found that snapgearlinux support IXP425, and it
come from uClinux. so I wanna try to use uClinux and build it on
coyote.

Re: HOWTO port uClinux on coyote board...?

SnapGear Linux contains both the original linux kernel and the uClinux kernel,
the glibc, uc-libc and uClibc libraries.
For the Coyote target, the default selections are linux kernel (since the ixp425
has a MMU) and glibc.
You can try using the other libraries if you want, but you won't be able to use
'uClinux' as such, since it's just for MMU-less processors.

regards

Damion de Soto - Software Engineer  email:     snipped-for-privacy@snapgear.com