Need connector pinouts for SILCA CAN Data Router

Hello,

I'm trying to repair a SILCA CAN SDD Data Router for a locksmith friend of mine. It has a DB25F connector on the rectangular portion of it that houses the electronics and a DB15F on a tail that extends from there. As I understand it, the device is used in conjunction with a vehicle's OBDII connector to access key information. And, FWIW, I believe that SILCA was taken over by ILCO. At least that's what I was told.

The DB15F connector's hood is missing, which is probably why the wiring got damaged. There is one wire that's cut in half, so its repair is to just splice it back together. However, some of the other wires have broken off of the pin connections to which they were soldered. I have no way of knowing which wire goes to which pin.

Here's what been left intact and what's missing.

DB15F

1 -

2 -

3 - Yellow

4 -

5 - Black? - Soldered to a pin, but there is no extra black wire in the cable

6 - Gray

7 -

8 - Orange

9 - Not used, as there is no evidence of solder on the pin

10 - Green

11 -

12 - Blue

13 - Red

14 - Black - This one is intact with both the connector pin & cable

15 -

The wires not connected are the white and brown leads. And, as I said, what appears to be a 2nd black wire hanging from pin 5 with no matching wire in the cable.. On the DB25F end, all of the wires from the cable terminate on a circuit board with the actual connector attached at the opposite end, so I have no way of knowing what signal each conductor is supposed to have.

Does anyone in the group have the pinout for the connectors at each end or a link to where to find the info?

Thanks in advance to those who post a reply to the group.

Peter.

Reply to
Peter Bogiatzidis

Scroll down at the button, there are car diagnostic OBII interface cables there and explanations. You maybe able to figure it out.

Jamie.

Reply to
Jamie

houses

got

of

what

Patterning of the broken strands assuming multi-strand? Wires tend to break in some sort of staggered way, then if in doubt matching angles of breaks.

Reply to
N_Cook