Laptop battery connector pinouts

Greetings:

I would appreciate _any_ laptop smart battery connector pinouts for inclusion in a little database I hope to build; the important pins are for the SMBus, e.g. SDA, SCL and GND. I would especially appreciate pinouts for the following batteries that I need to test with a little device I just built:

  1. Compaq series 2891 (317172-101, 341846-001) (used in Armada 7700, 7800 series)
  2. Gateway 6500332
  3. Dell 75UYF (used in Inspiron and Latitude various models)

TIA,

Michael

Reply to
msg

google "smart battery workshop" lots of related info.

--
Return address is VALID!
Reply to

Had done, seems that the original site is redirecting to a Russian- language only site which has little to do with the product.

I had also inspected the demo version of Accplus hoping that documentation would contain pinouts but no luck there.

Since I posted this request, I have found several packs from different vendors which use a standard 5-pin scheme which groups GND, SCL, SDA at one end of the connector. These all use a BQ charge controller/gas gauge device. The problem lies with other packs that don't use the BQ devices and have more than 5 pins on the connector (some have 8 or more). Permuting all of the non-power lines has not worked in my trials to find the signals on these packs. Some of them may require some enable lines to be asserted or other conditions be present to communicate. Others may not be SMBus compliant and use proprietary protocols.

There was a person from Belgium some years ago who began an investigation of the Armada pack I mentioned in my O.P. but never reported progress; I will attempt a conatact.

My request for data remains open.

Regards,

Michael

Reply to