Power Supply Pinouts ??

Can someone verify if this is the correct pinout for...

(eta-usa)

"Data sheet" is clear as mud, plus comments that it's "non-isolated" (in spite of no common continuity from side-to-side), leave me wary of frying it :-(

Of course "support" is non-responsive :-( So I won't be passing this on to client as a recommended part. ...Jim Thompson

JT > Can someone verify if this is the correct pinout for...

(eta-usa)

Non-English so not much help. Does somebody have an English version?

Reply to
Greegor

Well, the + side of the output cap is connected to the post you labeled as + (and it appears that there is a

  • sign on the board between the cap and the post), so if it doesn't work the way you labeled it, it's already fried before you even hook it up.

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

What has me worried is that the "input" side has no labeling AND the "data sheet" (*) says non-isolated, yet there's no path from input common to output common.

(*) Only thing available is a table... model number and I/O "specs" :-( ...Jim Thompson

doesn't need too much guessing to understand the japanese datasheet all the numbers are easy and with google translate it turns out the three symbol on the pin out diagrams means "component side"

-Lasse

Reply to
langwadt

I would say you have it right. + is on top side where the transformer is, on both input and output. Wear safety goggles ;D

Martin Riddle

Just went ahead and winged it about 30 minutes ago... worked just fine. ...Jim Thompson

Yes, I understand the worry, but I look at it a little differently. Right now, you have a useless paperweight, until you test it, or until someone here says "oh yes, I've used one of those ...". The latter would be ideal, of course, but in the absence of that, you're stuck at square one unless you test.

On page 16 of the datasheet (for variable values of "datasheet") there is a diagram of sorts that matches your labeling. I'd go for it - stuff ~12V into it and see what happens. Worst case, you'll need Joerg for sound effects. :-)

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

Page _16_?? I never found anything beyond 4 pages. Link?? ...Jim Thompson

ehsjr

That'll teach me not to do "English only" ;-) Thanks! ...Jim Thompson

Eta Electric Industry Co., Ltd. [] OEJ-24SC-05-12

Here's the English-language data sheet.

The pinout is on page 5, and seems straightforward enough. It's a DC-DC converter. Input voltage is 8 to 32 volts, nominal 12 to 24 volts. Output is 24VDC at 0.065A. Protected against output short-circuit but not input overvoltage. No indication of reverse polarity protection. US office: ETA Electric Industrial Company, Ltd., Morgan Hill, CA 1-800-ETA-POWR

Looks like a low-end isolated switching DC-DC converter. The soldering job is mediocre but probably adequate.

If you're not sure if it's isolated, measure the resistance between the input and output sides.

What's the problem?

John Nagle

Reply to
John Nagle