My new stereo scope.

I received and assemble my stereo scope for component work on these small 0102 items. Then I jump right in on a radio that is sitting my my bench for a repair in the mixer section of the receiver.. I suspected a problem here since references the service manual kind of pointed me to that location via the symptoms and the fact that I found a spring ground arm that some how came off its solder paid and was lying across the components.. So I made the move to get this stereo microscope (47x) so I could take a closer looky.. What I found was cracks in the feed through holes and a couple of component solder cracks.. Now, these can only be seen under the micro scope and not with a

5x over head light. I'm just wondering if my scope is just seeing shadows or are they real cracks ? When I lower the power a bit or look at slightly different angle I don't see them as cracks so much.. As it is, I'll have to mod a tip just to touch them up to see if they do mend together.. It's a bitch when things get small, kind of reminds me when I take a leak!
--
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5"
Reply to
Jamie

Stereo microscopes are very useful. The Bausch & Lomb Stereozoom 4 is abundant on eBay. Those who are mechanically inclined may want to make their own stand and just purchase the "pod" and eyepieces.

Reply to
mc