Stereo Scope.

I received my stereo scope today with the boom arm option to hang over the work area. The price I paid for it lead me to think it wasn't really that much of a unit how ever, I got to say it's actually more than what I was expecting or maybe even needed.

When I seen the shipping weight in the UPS tracking (27 ILs) I was kind of wondering what the hell I bought ? I mean, I only paid $445 bucks for this thing how ever, it's built like a brick shit house with a 47x power with a large work area with the third eye (trinocular).

I have to assemble it and give it a test run. Should be interesting if it'll help me with those 0102 components.

--
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5"
Reply to

Dust mite: 420um x 320um.

0102 chip resistor: ??? 0201 chip resistor: 600nm x 300nm

There's space for over 1 million dust mites on a 0201 chip resistor! :)

D from BC

Reply to
D from BC

An 0201 should be 0.6mm * 0.3mm, or 600um * 300um- maybe 3 or 4 dust mites, cheek by jowl.

300 to 600 nm is light wavelength, so you might need an electron microscope to work with something that size.
--
John
Reply to

Oops...what a unit goof up I did.. Good thing I don't make Space Shuttles.. :P Yeah.. I got the nm and um mixed up and the nm didn't click in for light wavelength. :(

Jamie might see dust mites getting squished when he places those 0201 chip resistors :P

A dust mite at x47 mag would be 19mm x 15mm.

D from BC

Reply to
D from BC

chip resistors :P

After that glance, I'm glad they're that small.

--
John
Reply to

Post a photo of a dust mite on a resistor! :) ________ ( ) ( *{}* ) () () () () () () +-------------------------+ | | | SMD Resistor | + ------------------------+

I think the best time to collect dust mites is after one gets out of bed in the morning. The body heat and moisture brings them to the surface.

But dunno how you'd collect'm and stick'm on a SMD resistor.. :P

D from BC

Reply to
D from BC

D from BC a écrit :