Monacor CM-200 Capacitance Meter faulty

When switched on, shows "1" (out of range) on all ranges instead of "000". Any suggestions as to where to start troubleshooting? All suggestions welcome - even facetious ones!

Reply to
Graz

Hello Graz Mine has the same fault, Its been a fantastic tool untill it went wrong, Did you get any answers please. Robert

Reply to
firstimpressionbob

Hello Graz Mine has the same fault, Its been a fantastic tool untill it went wrong, Did you get any answers please. Robert

Reply to
firstimpressionbob

I do hope that Graz has been able to find the fault in the meantime!

SCNR

Reinhard

Reply to
Reinhard Zwirner

I don't have that particular meter but on my cheapo chinese version I have twice had to replace a low value smd resistor near the input stage(open circuit). I assume this fails maybe due to me trying to measure a charged cap? Some protection? I can't remember the specifics, I try not to blow my meter up often as its inconvenient.

Reply to
JC