HELP needed with 6U7G voltages

The schematic I have does not show voltages for a 6U7G tube. Does anyone have the voltages readings?

I have a Silvertone 7227 that has no sound. I get buzz when I tap on the grid of the 6Q7G, but none when I tap on the grid of the 6U7G. When I check voltages on the 6U7G I only get 100vdc on pin 8.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Terry in Dallas

Reply to
terry75115

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote: > The schematic I have does not show voltages for a 6U7G tube. > Does anyone have the voltages readings? >

Post the schematic. Google "silvertone 7227" comes up with zilch.

BTW it's possible that 100 volts is normal.

GG

Reply to
stratus46

It's unlikely you will hear a buzz when you touch the 6U7G grid. It's listed as a Remote Cutoff Pentode for use as an RF amp.

100V on the Cathode is way too high. And if you measure no plate or screen voltage, where is the voltage on the 6U7 cathode coming from? Do you have a schematic? 1 NC 2 H 3 P 4 G2 5 G3

7 H

8 K Cap is G1

Don

Reply to
Don Bowey

Don, I do have a schematic, but it is terrible and hard to read with no voltages. pin 1 = cathode pin 2= heater pin 3 = open pin 4= suppressor grid pin 5= screen grid pin 6 = plate pin 7 = heater pin 8 = open pin 9 = cap

Reply to
terry75115

I went out and check the radio out again and noticed that when I move the volume control I get a small amount of static, like a dirty pot. If I'm getting that, then I'm assuming the voltages are okay and I'm having a signal problem. I don't have a tone generator so I'm at stopping point.

Terry

Reply to
terry75115

As you can see, my Sylvania tube manual does not agree with the pin Ids you just provided. Are you certain the tube is a 6U7G?

Reply to
Don Bowey

With that it becomes important for you to scan the schematic and put it up on web space somewhere or post it to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic. That's not a 6U7.

--
Postulate a group whose intent is to destroy the United States from within
via anarchy and bankruptcy. The actions of the United States Congress are

Don Bowey schrieb:

It does agree: if you neglect Terry's pin 9 (= the cap) then one of you looks from the top and the other one from the bottom ...

HTH

Reinhard

Reply to
Reinhard Zwirner