Mitsubishi TV CS-3506 What is proper B+ voltage ? alt. ref: CS-3506R CS3506 CS 3506 CS3506R CS 3506R

Hello, I just fixed this Mitsu CS-3506 in a trade deal with a friend of mine. Crikey after replacing every Nichicon black cap with a " + " stamped into the top of the can and also hours of reworking electrolyte damaged traces I think I'm about ready to make the drive and put the chassi back into the set.

Before I pulled the chassi out, I measured B+ to the HV section to be 149 V None of the Mitsu schematics I have for other sets indicate any B+ this high. Could this be normal for this model, or should I take a closer look at the SMPS regulation before I reinstall the chassi and fire this puppy up?

Thanks, Dave

Reply to
Dave Moore

Hello, I just fixed this Mitsu CS-3506 in a trade deal with a friend of mine. Crikey after replacing every Nichicon black cap with a " + " stamped into the top of the can and also hours of reworking electrolyte damaged traces I think I'm about ready to make the drive and put the chassi back into the set.

Before I pulled the chassi out, I measured B+ to the HV section to be 149 V None of the Mitsu schematics I have for other sets indicate any B+ this high. Could this be normal for this model, or should I take a closer look at the SMPS regulation before I reinstall the chassi and fire this puppy up?

Thanks, Dave Moore

Reply to
DSP

Sorry for the double post. My news server wasn't posting so I made a Google account for the screen name "DSP" and posted only to find to my extreme dismay that now ( special thanks to Google Groups), my email address has been posted.

Arrrrgh!!!! let the damn spam begin again

Dave Moore

Reply to
Dave Moore

Should be 130VDC. Check C916.

Leonard

Reply to
Leonard Caillouet

Thanks Leonard, I don't have the chassi handy but I'll lay odds that C916 was probably one of the some 20 or more caps I replaced so maybe that problem has already been fixed. I guess I'll try to power up at least the SMPS on the bench and verify this.

"Leonard Caillouet" wrote

: Should be 130VDC. Check C916. : : Leonard :

: "Dave Moore" wrote : : > Hello, : > I just fixed this Mitsu CS-3506 in a trade deal with : > a friend of mine. Crikey after replacing every : > Nichicon black cap with a " + " stamped into the : > top of the can and also hours of reworking electrolyte : > damaged traces I think I'm about ready to make the : > drive and put the chassi back into the set. : >

: > Before I pulled the chassi out, I measured B+ : > to the HV section to be 149 V : > None of the Mitsu schematics I have for other sets : > indicate any B+ this high. : > Could this be normal for this model, : > or should I take a closer look at the SMPS : > regulation before I reinstall the chassi : > and fire this puppy up? : >

: > Thanks, : > Dave : >

: >

: :

Reply to
Dave Moore

You will likely need to replace the regulator if the B+ is too high and the caps are good. There is also a green ceramic in that PS that changes value, IIRC. You might want to check.

Leonard

Reply to
Leonard Caillouet

Thanks for the heads up I'll keep that in mind when I get back to it next week as my plans for this week have been reordered so that I might finish a new guitar amp design in time for another friend before he starts recording his new CD this Saturday

: >

: > "Leonard Caillouet" wrote : >

[...]

: > : >

: >