Mitsubishi CS-3104R no horizontal oscillator.

This Mitsubishi CS-3104R had the usual leaky capacitor problem. After repairing all that, there is no horizontal output out of IC201, the video chroma/deflection processor, and there is no supply voltage present from the

9 volt regulator, IC6E2, which powers IC201. I'm not sure if the voltage that supplies this chip is scan derived or not but when I directly apply 9 volts to the Vcc of IC201 (the main power is off at this point), it still doesn't oscillate. Does this chip need some other signals to get it going?

Thanks for your reply.

--
David Farber
David Farber's Service Center

the

I found the problem. Q4A1, 2SC2236, was bad. It is responsible for supplying the voltage to the horizontal oscillator of the video processor. There are separate Vcc supplies for different areas of the processor, IC201(M51414BSP), and that's what had me stumped.