Luxman L-11 integrated amp

Hello all,

I'm working on an L-11 which has issues with the -b2 power supply which feeds the front end of both channels of power amp. While I have a good, clear downloaded schematic, it does not have any voltages on it. Any chance that someone here has a factory service manual that you'd be willing to lend, or at least tell me about some of the voltages on the schematic?

Thanks! Tim Schwartz Bristol Electronics

Reply to
Tim Schwartz

Not hard. Look at the -B2 regulator circuit. The reference which is direct is two Zeners, WZ-270. In series they add up to 54 volts. That will approximately be the regulated output.

Reply to
jurb6006

Hi there,

I'd agree, but the diodes are buring up hot, and I'm using 1 watt in place of the half watters. Several of the resistors have been replaced before, and I'm wondering if there is an error in the schematic as to the part value. I've replaced the pass transistor and dual diode as well.

Thanks! Tim

Reply to
Tim Schwartz

** Try changing that 15 ohm in series with the PNP transistor to 27 or 33 ohms. The circuit is a *current source* of about 45mA. The load current is only about 12 mA leaving a lot for the two 27V zeners to cop.

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison