Toshiba 42HP66 plasma help please

Hello all,

First problem is an audio technician working on a plasma set.

Toshiba 42HP66 (made by LG?) Has sound but no picture at all. Found FS-2, a 4 amp "T" fuse blown on the "Y Sustain" board. If fuse is replaced set won't power at all. Board too expensive to replace. Anyone know of any common failure that might cause this?

Many thanks, Tim Schwartz Bristol Electronics

Reply to
Tim Schwartz

On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 20:04:24 -0500, Tim Schwartz put finger to keyboard and composed:

According to the following LG guide, the common faults are open fuses, blown FETs, and bad IPMs (Intelligent Power Module):

You may like to rummage around here for LG plasma service manuals:

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Need the service manual? I have it , but it doesn't carry Y-sus schematics. What happens when u pull out the fuse, does that restore power and audio? Check for shorts at the Vs and Va points of the connector coming in from ps. If your IPM is shorted that's bad news cos they're impossible to come by and extremely difficult to desolder. LG provides entire boards at very competitive rates.

Reply to
jango2