Denon AVR-681 help please

Hello all,

I've got a unit here that goes into protection a few seconds after power up. I've got NOTHING connected to it, and the volume all the way down. The output transistors all ohm-meter OK. The +/- 45 rail (approximate) seems OK. ALL 5 channels have about +25V on them, which explains the protection, and indicates some sort of power supply issue. Any ideas?

I don't have a schematic or service manual for this unit. Thanks for your time.

Regards, Tim Schwartz Bristol Electronics

Reply to
Tim Schwartz

These get 1 ohm resistors bad in the regulated power supply area - need to be changed out for .22 @ 1 watt.

Mark Z.

P.S. Some models they are R115 and R116, not sure of yours.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias