li-ion battery

I have a Motorala c343 cellphone with a ssn3825a 3.6v battery which I dropped into a puddle of water and shorted. Is there any way to try to recover this battery? Some one said that he read an article in a pc magazine which suggested putting it in the freezer which might break the short? This did not work. How about putting it in a vat of nitrogen or C02? Some else suggested hooking it to a high voltage source. How high,

220V? Any ideas where I can get a higher source? Fly a kite and access 1B V like Ben Franklin? That might just vaporize my battery, but might be fun. Although we don't get too many thunderstorms here. Before I purchase a new battery or phone, I want to try to hook up another Nokia BLS-2N 3.6v battery from an old phone to see if my phone still works. It does not have an amperage rating, but since I see the standard AA cells sold as an emergency battery this might just work. Does anyone know how the insides of these batteries are wired? E.g. have taken one apart? Both are labeled - on the LHS, and + on the RHS They both have 4 leads, but with different form factors of the batteries? Should I just hook them up the most obvious way? Should I test the leads with a light bulb first? Does anyone know of sites on the best way to design a do it yourself housing for the Nokia?

Disclaimer, I have a lot of knowledge but not in practical stuff. I think I have a track record of destorying more than fixing things, but hey, that is the price of learning?

Reply to
Deodiaus

Doesn't phone insurance cover dropping the phone in the toilet?

Reply to
Mij Adyaw

There is a water sensor that changes color if the phone gets wet. Most companies do not honor wet phones.

Reply to
Tom Biasi

"Mij Adyaw" wrote in news:J8%0h.34887$Ry4.32652 @newsfe10.phx:

One of the fun things to do to that little geek snot at the service counter, when he jerks your cellphone out of your hand with that snotty cellphone attitude, is to say, "Ah, that's the phone that fell out of my pants into the loaded toilet!"

Look on his/her face?.........................PRICELESS

Larry

--
I sure hope Halloween comes real soon....
I've run out of Halloween candy THREE TIMES SO FAR!

I had a Panasonic A100 that went through the washing machine and survived. (I left it on the window-sill 2 days in the sun, recharged the battery and it worked.)

--
Bye.
   Jasen

Yep I had a nokia 8310 go through the washer and dryer and survive!

--
Chris Lewis
Reply to